Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hi everyone,
I just finished week two of treatment and am still doing ok. Monday I felt great, so I pushed myself a little too much. Tuesday I was tired so I took it easy and the rest of the week went ok. I am starting to feel a little tired once in a while and having some symptoms in my intestines from the radiation, but not too bad. And no, I do not lose my hair with this treatment in case some are wondering. I still walk everyday at least 3.5 miles. That is a must! Mornings seem to be a good time for me so I'm glad I go in for treatment everyday at 9:45am. I am going to a nutritionist who specializes in cancer next Tuesday to help me with my diet. I can't eat stuff like whole wheat bread, raw vegtables, and go light on ruffage, if I can help it. Opposite of what I have been doing for many years. Meat is good, as is pasta, fish and chicken. I drink fruit smoothies everday with bananas. Remember the BRAT diet (banana, rice, apple sause and toast)?? Well, it really works! I do have to keep up with nutrition and vitamins so it's a balancing act not to eat the foods that offer good nutrition while trying to get the nutrition anyway. It's very interesting on how the body functions and how easly it can get off track. I drink smart water everday on my way up to treatment to keep up with the electrolytes. Plus I have to go in with a full bladder to protect the other organs from the radiation. Anyway, thank you all for your continue support, prayers and love you are all showing me. I know I will get through this with God's grace, and so many friends and family encouraging me along the way
Hew 11:1
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for and the conviction of things not seen.

No comments: