Friday, February 09, 2007


Good morning bloggers. I am doing really well today. I had my first folfox 6 treatment on Tuesday and all went well except my red and white blood counts are pretty low. I now get a weekly shot of Procrit which helps stimulate the body to produce more red blood cells. It has to be watched carefully due to high risk of blood clots. Yikes! Also my white cell count is 1.8 which is low; 4-10 is average. If it gets below 1 then I'll probably have to have another type of shot or hold off on the next round of chemo. So everyone who comes in the house has to wash their hands. I do feel fine though. Still walking daily, unless it's raining, and my appitite is good. I'm not losing any more weight. I can eat anything I want and I still don't gain weight. It's amazing!! What a way to diet!!!
The picture is of Brigitte and her friend Scott, (who is the pilot) about ready to go in the glider. What fun!! She flew over the delta out of Livermore.
Well, thank you again to all who continue to encourage, strengthen, and pray for me and my family. It is truly amazing how prayers work. God listens and he continues to give my family so much peace. We are so blessed!!!
Psalm 37:4-7 Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your hearts desire. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it. And He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your judgement as the noonday

No comments: