Thursday, March 08, 2007

March is Colorectal awareness month. If you haven't had the pleasure of having a colonoscopy yet, (not just sigmoid) and you are 50 or more, or have had some type of symptoms like IBS or other issues, please go for the easy test. It is not as bad as you think.
I just finished my 4th cycle of chemo and am doing OK. Today I felt a little tired and had a little nausea but pills are wonderful! I still plan on walking my 3 miles tonight. Yesterday I had a sonogram to check my ovaries and uterus. The doctor wants to see what damage if any was caused by radiation and the fact that I went from not even close to menopause to post menopause in 5 months. No wonder I have trouble sleeping! Too many "personal summer days and nights!" There was also a polyp in the cervix which will have to be removed. I went to my dermatologist last week since I hadn't been in 3 years. She didn't like a mole on my stomach, which I though was a freckle, so two more stitches in my belly. I will have the results in about a week. Thank God for all the prayers that continue to lift me up. I know I'll be fine because I am not going through all this alone. I have God hearing all your prayers and He does listen. He continues to give my family and me peace each day. I hope and pray that if or when you find yourself in need of Gods grace, you too will feel His presence and know He is with you. Thank you for you continual uplifting notes, cards, e-mails, prayers and love. God bless you all
Psalms 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.

1 comment:

linda gullick said...

Hi Jill,

Praying for you and hope you are having a great day. We miss you here at FHS. Take care Linda G