Friday, May 25, 2007


Happy Memorial Weekend! All is good in the Brierley household. My CT scan came out fine. I did have a small area where the colon inverted, but so small the UCSF doctor wasn't concerned. He also mentioned a very small (size of a dot from a pen) in my lung but said it could be anything. Most radiologist wouldn't even see it but UCSF goes through it with a fine tooth comb. He said it's very unlikely anything would grow while I was in treatment so not to worry. They'll just keep an eye on me. Ct every 3 months with more meds since I broke out again from the contrast. Also, I have the barium pelvic Xray and all is clear and no leakage or blockage. So I'm good to go for surgery to remove my bag and my port! June 20th 7:30am is the magic time!! Yes, I'm looking forward to it, however, after the barium Xray, I decided that having a bag wasn't so bad after all! My bone density test came out fine. I have nice strong bones so far. I will eat my calcium. Also, my Oncologist at UCSF said that there have been studies that suggest taking a baby aspirin (50 and older) not only helps with blood, but it helps to ward off breast and colon cancer. So I will be taking my baby aspirin as soon as I'm done with my surgery and healed. If any of you have friends or family that are going through cancer there is a good blog site http://www.cancercompass.com/ Click on message board to pick the cancer you want to discuss. It's been helpful and interesting to me.
This past week we have had my nephew Ryan and his friend Brian build our new deck so it's been pretty busy and dirty around here. We've had Sean, Kyle and Casey pitch in as well. A real family affair!
I hope everyone has a nice and restful Memorial Weekend and please remember to keep our young men and women who are serving in your prayers. They all need our support and prayers. God bless all of you and thank you so much for the prayers and concern that continue to uplift me and keep me strong. God does listen to prayers. He is there if you ever need Him.
Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened so that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

No comments: