Sunday, July 08, 2007

Hello blogger buddies! It has been just over two weeks since I had my "take down" surgery and the port removed, and I think I am doing just fine. The first week after the surgery was pretty rough. I wasn't far from the bathroom, and I needed vicodin to help me along. But the second week was much better. No need for vicodin and things are better each day. By last Monday, I was able to walk 3 miles, and I've been walking almost everyday since. Yesterday I spent the day in the delta at my sisters marina on Ryer Island in Rio vista, called SnugHarbor. We had a nice and quiet day moving furniture and having Kyle and his friend Joe hang pictures in a new home on the island. Kiwi, my yellow lab, loved playing in the water and swimming for sticks. By evening, my body seemed to be working over time so I left knowing I needed to be by my bathroom for the night. I know it will take months for me to be more normal so I just have to be patient. This last year has truly shown me the importance of patience. So now I am done with all my treatment, I just have to be checked every 3 months with a CT scan, and I have my yearly colonoscopy coming up in September. My next Ct will be in August at UCSF but the scope will be in San Ramon. I'm not looking forward to the scope but I better get used to it. I think I have to have one every year for the next 5 years or so. Again, I will need to be patient with each scan and scope and not worry about the results. I know God already knows my path; I just have to continue to follow Him. He has been there every step of the way for me and I have no reason to doubt He will continue to be with me. A cousin sent me this verse and it is so perfect for this time of my life. God bless you all and have a wonderful July. I'll write when I get back from Bonnie's wedding unless there is other news.
Psalms 27:14 Wait on the Lord, Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord.

No comments: