Wednesday, October 31, 2007


Happy Halloween everyone!!!! Did we all get enough candy?? I know I did... All is very well with me these days. I am working full time and doing fine except for the fact that I have so much less time to play! It's amazing how the body can heal from so much trama. I really feel my energy is pretty good, almost up to normal and that is great. Next week I start my round of doctor appts again. I have an appt with my surgeon, oncologist, dentist, dermatologist and my next CT scan. Might as well get it all done with in a month and then be free to enjoy Christmas. This picture is of Casey on our hike through the hoodoos in Bryce Canyon. We took a trip to Utah last weekend for our 29th Anniversary. We had a nice quick 3 day weekend to celebrate. We visited Zion and Bryce Canyon National Park. If you ever get a chance to visit, do it. The geology is amazing and the colors are incredible.
OK, if your getting close to having your colon checked, here is a quick explanation of treatments:
Digital rectal exam. This exam is quick, little prep if any but can only find tumors within reach. Fecal occult blood test. This is just as it says, a blood test to detect blood in the stools. Flexible sigmoidoscopy examines the lower half of the colon with a flexible lighted tube. It's accurate for the first half of the colon and if anything is found then you would need a full scope and the prep is the same as for a full scope. X-ray with barium enema. This one requires fasting and purging and it's most unpleasant in my opinion. X-rays are taken while barium is injected into your colon, while you are wide awake. And the colonoscopy which is considered the gold star of test for colon cancer and polyps. Finally the virtual colonoscopy. The colon is visualized by a CT after the colon is inflated with air. No sedation needed and it's less invasive. You still
have to clean out and if anything is found, then you will need a colonoscopy. Now, go get your test!!!! I am officially empty nest now. Sean moved out two weeks ago so now I have empty rooms. If anyone is coming up this way, I have room! Please keep me in your prayers as I go for my Ct this month (Nov 29th). I am cancer free and I pray that I stay that way forever! Thank you again for all the love, support and encouragement and especially prayers.
James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

No comments: