Thursday, May 22, 2008


Hi Bloggers, The picture is of me and my very close friends having a nice lunch together. Diane, the beautiful lady on the right, is a 17 year survivor of lymphoma and a wonderful inspiration. Her faith carried her through. She was visiting from Minnesota so it was a real treat to be with her. I had my 4th treatment almost 2 weeks ago. Then on Tuesday I had a CT scan at UCSF and met with the Doctor on Wednesday. I was very lucky to get in so quickly. The results confirmed that there is a small tumor in the gut area. So surgery is out for me. Meaning that even if they removed the two tumors in the lungs it's still in my system. So chemo is the only way at this time. I will also have my treatment moved to every three weeks instead of the two because my blood counts aren't going back up soon enough. The doctor said having it every three weeks will help with that. Plus I'll have two good weeks instead of one. I'm staying on the Folfri plus Avastin for the time being. He said some people can stay on it for a year or two. Every 4th cycle, or every three months, I'll have another scan to see if the tumors continue to shrink. So far two have shrunk and one grew. The doctor said that was not normal and probably a misreading. Anyway, I feel fine this week and I'm not worried about my future. God is with me and I know He will help me through all the ups and downs in this fight. He is bigger than any cancer! I continue to walk at least 3 miles most days and still have energy for work, family and friends. I am very blessed indeed! This next week Brigitte comes home for the summer so life will get even more busy. Kyle will stay in Chico because he is doing summer school. I plan on making some trips up this summer to visit Kyle, Bonnie and Ricky. I am getting excited about the Relay for Life. There are now over 30 teams and it is such an inspiration to see so many people trying to raise money for ACS. Way too many people have been affected by cancer whether through family or friend. The more research there is the better chance of survival and better living while fighting the disease. Please visit my website if you would like to learn more. http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RelayForLifeCaliforniaDivision?px=6076777&pg=personal&fr_id=9814
Thank you to all who have contribute. Every penny helps in the fight against cancer. God bless you all and thank you for your continued prayers. I know God hears them because I feel them.
Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
I will keep my hope in the Lord because I know that earthly life is temporary but Heavenly life is eternal.

No comments: