Sunday, August 10, 2008















Hi Blogger Buddies,
After my last blog and my family vacation in San Diego, I had one of my busiest weeks ever! As soon as I got home I had my 7th treatment, then helped a little with the Allen wedding plans during the week. Then the Relay for Life was on the 29th of July and that night was the wedding, then back to the relay on the 30th for the closing. My kids took the middle of the night shift and Casey and I had the morning shift. It was an incredible experience and I want to thank everyone who sponsored me or my team, who prayed for me, and those who came out to walk with me and take the great pictures! Your love and support keeps me going. It was a very special time and so encouraging. I met so many wonderful loving courageous survivors and people who just want to help out against the fight for cancer. Another blessing that having cancer brings! I wouldn't have met these wonderful people if it hadn't been for my cancer. I plan on doing it again next year and every year after as long as God gives me the strength. The week after the relay Casey, Brigitte, Kyle and I went to Lake Almanor with the Allens to rest after the big wedding and enjoy friendships, exercise, boating and just hanging out. We stayed for 5 great days! We came home on Monday and Wednesday I had my 8th treatment. Unfortunately on Thursday I came down with a bad cold! I haven't had a cold since my first treatment back in Jan of 07. I was pretty much in bed for two days but today I'm doing a little better. Since my white count is low, it may take longer than normal to get over it, but I hope not. Other than the cold, this treatment was better than the last...I thank God for that. I still have my CT scheduled for the 21st of August, but the doctor is out of town so I don't have a follow up appointment until the middle of September. I am still praying for NED. (No evidence of disease). Please keep me in your prayers for NED. My strength was really good these past few months but with school starting for me this week, and me fighting a cold, it'll be harder to build my strength, but I will. Since the treatment was spread out to every three weeks, my body seems to adjust a little better. It's easy to get discouraged when you don't feel well, but I learned this week that it's only another life lesson that will pass. It can make you stronger and help you appreciate the days when you do feel well. I pray that each of us stop to thank God for our day and our health, no matter the circumstance. It could always be worse! 1Thessalonians 5:18 Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus Psalm 7:7 I will give thanks to the Lord because of his righteousness, and will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High

No comments: