Saturday, July 31, 2010





Hi everyone, I hope your summer is going well. We just had our Relay for Life event and our team, Hope West Coast, made over $11,000 for American Cancer Society. Thank you to everyone who helped make this year such a success. We could not have done it without all your generous donations. So thank you. The other pic is of Carrie, my co-team captain who did an incredible job of fundraising, and the other is of one of Betsy, one of my daily walking partner. The boys participated in "Little Ms Relay" and in one lap made $164 for the team. They were pretty cute too!!! As for me, I was wiped out after the event! It's a lot of work and is very tiring. It took me until Tuesday to feel normal again. But it was worth the effort because one day cancer will be wiped from our vocabulary. It'll be just a bad memory like the Black Plague of the 1500's. As for my health, I'll be back on Folfox starting August 16th, when I get back from our family reunion. My chemo break is quickly coming to an end. But it's been nice. I've still issues with bowels ( it goes with the territory) and I also believe I had an Asthma attack so now I'm on an inhaler. I haven't had that in 3 years so it took me, and my doctors, by surprise. My blood and tumor marker (CEA) are normal and that I am very grateful for. For those who have been wondering about my father, he is doing good. Not gaining any weight and seems to be stable. He'll be with us at the family reunion. My mother-in-law is all moved in and seems to be enjoying her new digs up in Reno. She is in much better shape now that she is eating and exercising everyday. And she has won Bingo twice now!!! I hope everyone has a nice summer vacation and gets to enjoy some time with family and friends because that is what living is about. God bless you all and thank you again.!
Check out this one minute sermon. It's really good
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/video/video.php?v=10150208006915385&ref=mf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill! I think and pray for you often! You are joy amidst suffering! Your suffering is not being wasted as God is using it to further the gospel!
Many people are blessed because of you! Your knickname must be "Mary"!
This verse came to mind...2 Cor 7:7-10
there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. 9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.