Wednesday, September 01, 2010


Hello Bloggers!! I'm finally able to get on a my computer and give you and update as to what has been going on. But first I want to say thank you so much to all my wonderful friends and family who have shown such love and care in the past few weeks. I have truly felt your love and prayers and they have been an enormous help to me, to Casey and to my kids. You are all amazing and I love each and everyone one of you. The pic is from the last hospital stay, not this one.
Ok, so it started back August 6th at our family reunion as my last post said. I did end up going in a second time the weekend of the 22nd and stayed a few days again in the hospital. August 24th I had chemo and that wasn't so bad because it helped with the growing ascities. The Ascities is what is causing all the problems. Too much fluid in the gut and lung area. This past Monday I was feeling so bad I ended back in the hospital for the third time. This time I'm at John Muir in Concord which is a much better hospital where they can do some real testing and monitoring. I now have an NG tube. It's a tube that goes from my nose down to my throat and into my stomach to relieve all the bile I've been producing. I also have now a TPN line. That is a line that goes into my artery in my arm that give me nutrition. I'll be on that for a few weeks or months I think. A nurse comes to the house each day to help switch the nutrition bag until Casey gets it figured out. It's a lot to deal with because my blood sugar has to be tested every 4 hours along with other stuff. I also had to have an study dye enema today to see what is all the problem. Thank goodness there is no blockage or tumor that is causing the problem, just the ascities as they thought. Truly a blessing. It could have been much worse. So at this point I am still at John Muir and not sure when I'll be home, but I will be home sometime and out walking my dog Kiwi again soon. As I said, thank you again for all your love, prayers and support over these past few weeks. It's been rough but with God right next to me I know I'll be fine no matter what.
2 cor:4:17-18 For our light affliction which is but for a moment works for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. While we look not at the things that are seen, but at the things that are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporal but what is not seen is eternal.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I am so glad to hear all the positive news. You are such an incredible person, and an inspiration to us. Kenna is looking forward to picking more strawberries with you, she talks about it everytime we got to my Mom's!