Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Life has been pretty quite lately. Back when I was working and extremely busy with life, sometimes, I would think about how nice it would be to be stuck in bed for what ever reason. To have the time to read, nap, or just listen to music. Well, now I find myself in that exact position and I don't like it. It didn't occur to me how sick or sore one must to be, to be stuck in bed or in a house day after day. I am ready to get on with life, but my intestines are not. And since they are the rulers of my body at this time, I must listen to them and stay put. I was told it takes about 2 weeks before my bowels start to heal after treatment, but I only have one week to give, because next week is Thanksgiving and my family will be up to celebrate. We are planning on a two day Thanksgiving celebration. Thursday with our dear friends the Allen's, and Friday in Napa with my sisters. Any weight I have lost by now I'm sure to gain back by the end of next week! December starts the prep for surgery. I will have the endorectal ultrasound December 7th to see how much the radiation/chemo treatments killed the tumor. December 27th is my surgery to remove all remaining tumor. I should be in the hospital about 4-5 days. This is a good week for my family because it's Casey's slow time at work, Bonnie will be up for the holiday and the kids are all out of school; so they'll be able to come visit me! I will start the new year a tumor free woman! To all my friends and family, have a very happy and healthy Thanksgiving and remember to thank God for all of His love and blessings.
Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and stength. A very present help in trouble.
And I can say He has been with me each and everyday and through all my treatments. He never leaves me. Thank you for your continued prayers. God bless.

No comments: