Saturday, November 11, 2006

I'm a free woman!!! Yesterday was my last treatment with radiation and I gave back my bed buddy as well. I got to take a nice long shower without wrapping up in Saran wrap! Some of the simple things in life are so nice, and yet we forget how much they mean to us....Until you go 6 weeks without. Then it's a whole new world again! I had a great day yesterday. My friends were over to visit and I was feeling great. Now that I am done with treatment, I will be getting a call as to when the surgery is scheduled. I'm still looking at the last week in December or first week in January, but it will depend on the outcome of the endorectal ultrasound that I will have in about 4 weeks. The doctors feel I went through treatment really well, and I attribute it to all the love and support I am getting from everyone. My family has been great! They make me feel like "we" are going through treatment, not just me. I am so blessed! I've asked my kids how they are feeling and they tell me they feel fine, and positive. I know they are feeling all the love and prayers as well so again, thank you so much for keeping my family and I lifted up all these weeks.
Psalms 16:11 Thou wilt make known to me the path of life; In Thy presence is fullness of joy; In Thy right hand there are pleasures forever.

No comments: