Thursday, November 02, 2006

This past weekend was a quiet weekend. Casey and I celebrated our 28th anniversary hanging out together. We are planning on going to Greece for out 30th so it was ok to have a nice quiet evening. I'm just about done with week 5 and am doing ok. My skin is still holding up and I'm not too tired very often. Some days I don't feel so good so I just hang around at home reading and doing computer stuff. Other days, when I'm feeling good, I go out after treatment for a little while. I just got back from the book store. I found I am reading lots of books, so if you know of a good one, please pass it on. I just read the Lance Armstrong book, "It's Not About the Bike". Very good bood. Plus I am also reading books on cancer, being a smart patient, and of course my bible. That's the best of all. Tomorrow the radiation field will be smaller and more intense as they say. This will be for the last 6 treatment to target just the leftover tumor, to help get a good and complete kill. My blood counts and blisters are all fine so the doctor gave me the ok to start walking again. I am looking forward to next Friday when I can give back my bed buddy and not have to drive everyday to Concord. I am finding out that treatment takes patience. Thank you again for your continual prayers. There is so much power in prayers and love.
1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence which we have before Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

1 comment:

Evan, Carrie, Emily and Tucker said...

hi Jill, If you have not read Corrie Ten Boom's "The Hidding Place" it is a must read - I read it last year when I was on bed rest during my pregnancy. I am currently reading her sequal to it called "Tramp for the Lord" and it is impacting my life in ways a book hasn't for a long time. It gives great perspective to our relationship with God and His power. Enjoy (=
p.s. Tucker and I would love to come visit for a day during the week so let us know when that might work.
~carrie