Sunday, December 31, 2006

I'm back!!!!! It's New years Eve and am sitting down stairs after a wonderful dinner. Thank you to all who have been bringing us dinners. It is such a help to all of us and we love the food. Thank you. I am doing ok. I'm taking Darvocet and that seems to help. The pathology results came back. They took out 15 lymph nodes and 11 were positive. I was pretty disappointed and a little shocked. We thought only one may have been involved, but 11?? I was disappointed for a while but then I try to remember to trust God. He knew already the results and He knows how I'll be in the future. I just have to trust Him. The surgery was very sucessful according to the doctor. Very clean margins, and he got everything. He wants me to start chemo in 4 weeks instead of the usual 6 weeks so he can blast any remaining cells that may be present. I'll be making a lot of calls on Tuesday to set up appointments and try to get a second opinion for chemo at UCSF before I start.
Thank you so much for all your continued prayers and support. My family and I appreciate each and everyone one. No words can express the gratitude and love I have for all of you. Here is a poem my friend passed on to me that I want to share. Happy New Year to all and God bless you in 2007

New year's Prayer by Helen Steiner Rice
You are ushering in another year,
untouched and freshly new,
So here I am to ask you, God, if
you'll renew me, too.
but, Father, I am well aware
I can't make it on my own,
So take my hand and hold it tight,
for I can't walk alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I just read your blog after sending you an email. You are amazing! I'm so glad you are trusting in God because He knows what is best. Here's to a healthy 2007!
JoAnn