Friday, August 10, 2007


Hi Bloggers,
I'm finally back from Bonnie's wedding and my father-in-laws funeral. The wedding went really well, and I have to thank my sisters and friends for pitching in to decorate the tables and set the beautiful flowers at the last minute. My sister Lorette and my niece Rachel, did all the flowers as well as the bouquets and table decorations, and they looked amazing. We couldn't get in to decorate the room until one hour before the wedding so it was a scramble. I was with Bonnie getting her ready at my uncles house in the Keys, so I couldn't help out. They did a great job and with the weather so nice it was beautiful! The early evening wedding was on the beach at Zepher Cove so we got to watch the sun set while dining and dancing. Bonnie made a beautiful bride and they both looked so happy. They are currently on their honeymoon in Costa Rica and will return This Saturday. We stayed up in Tahoe until Wednesday with my family then we went home to unpack, and repack for the trip to LA on Thursday morning. Friday was the funeral and Saturday was the internment. It was a warm and loving time and the whole family came together to celebrate Fred's life. Casey and the kids left on Sunday and I stayed with my mother-in-law until Thursday. Please keep her in your prayers because it will take some time for her to adjust to her new life. She was married to Fred for 62 years.
As for me, I'm doing better all the time. I was worried about how I would do at the wedding, but with all the help from everyone, I was fine and danced up a storm! I didn't walk for two weeks and I think that really helped me heal better. I believe I was over doing it with walking because I always felt swollen and had a lot of pressure. But after taking a two week break from walking, the swelling and pressure has gone way down. I'm back to walking again but not everyday. One day on and one day off so far. Monday I have my post op with my surgeon and he will determine if I'm ready for work starting on Tuesday the 14th. On the 16th I have a Ct at UCSF. It's been 3 months already since my last one. Time sure does go by fast. Please keep me in your prayers that all goes well. I know I'm in Gods hands and He is directing my path, and I also know he listens to our prayers. So please pray that I continue to be cancer free and that He gives me the strength and peace to handle what comes my way. My sister sent me this verse and it really helps me to know He watches over me and He loves me as His child.
"The Lord your God is with your, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zep 3:17

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jill, that is a great family picture! Can't wait to see the rest of them. Bonnie is a beautiful bride.
From the your Flower sister!

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you and your chemo treatment. I hope all went well yesterday and you are still feeling well. You are in our prayers. Catherine is in labor and I will email when I know anything.