Saturday, December 05, 2009




Good morning everyone. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with friends and family. We had our annual football game against the Allens, yes they got us this time but we'll get them next year. My daughter Bonnie, had shirts made for our team that said on the front, "I wear blue (the blue ribbon for colon cancer) for my mom, or my wife, my sister, daughter, son-in-law" etc.. It was so special to me and really touched my heart. After we had a wonderful dinner at my house and on Friday we went out to SnugHarbor for the weekend with all the cousins. What a great mini family reunion. Then on Monday I started with my first drip of Folfox in over 2.5 years. This was the first drip I had when I was DX. I thought it would be ok because I didn't remember it being so bad. Boy was I mistaken. I guess it's like labor, you forget the bad stuff. I was sick the entire week up until this morning. Everyday I had to take pills to stop gagging and on Wednesday I was basically in bed most the day. Yesterday wasn't much fun either but this morning I'm feeling better. I will get a week to build back up before I have another drip. Only next time I'll have more meds for the nausea. As for the Avastin drug the dr wants me on with the Folfox, once again the ins has denied the drug. It's in appeal so I'll know more next week. Even though this week was rough, I felt Gods presence right next to me. I was not alone even when Casey was in LA on business. Psalm 86:5-7 You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me. His presence was so apparent this week while I was down. I hope when any of you feel lost, weak, or down you will remember to turn to Him. God bless you and thank you so much for your prayers. I will have my next drip on the 14th so please keep me in your prayers for a complete healing without such bad side effects.

1 comment:

Denise C. said...

Jill, You are always in our prayers. We hope this Christmas season brings you much joy,hope and love. Tom and Denise Croker