Wednesday, November 18, 2009


Hi Buddies and Happy Thanksgiving to you! This is the most recent family pic we just had last month. I had my dr apt at UCSF and it was a very positive experience. I know God was listening to everyone praying for me. "Thank you" just doesn't express how grateful I am for those prayers, but I don't know what else to say except THANK YOU! I will start FolFox with Avastin hopefully next week if not the following week. That is the very first line chemo regimine I was on three years ago. I'll have neuropathy in the hands and feet but shouldn't feel too bad or tired. It was easier on me than the second line treatment as far as feeling bad. I just won't be able to drink, eat or hold anything cold. I'll be on it until my blood counts get too low and I have to stop or the neuropathy starts to become permanent. I'll go in for the drip and come home with the pump attached to my port for two days. This will happen every other week. The dr is hoping to either stop or reverse the growth I've had. He hopes this will buy me about a year, than I'll go on the second line treatment for another year and by then hopefully they'll have something better for me. He was very positive and upbeat about it. It pays to go to a positive person like Dr Venook at UCSF. He gives so much hope and encouragement. So tonight Casey and I are feeling good and happy about the future instead of unsure and frightened. So again, thank you everyone for the prayers, the cards, the FB feeds, the emails, the calls to check up on me, and words of encouragement. Your response to me has taught me how to be more considerate and empathetic to others. And your continued prayers have strengthened my hope and faith because I see first hand how God does listen and answer prayer. May the God of creation bless you all during this wonderful season of Thanks Giving. 1Peter 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ. God helps me remain true to my faith through whatever difficult times I face. He will gladly help you too! Just ask Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family picture, everyone is smiling. And what good news.

I know this is the first time I've sent you a reply but I check your blog quite often to see how you are doing. I am always inspired by you and your fight. Keep it up.

I think of you and Casey often and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Love,
Paula Jean