Friday, December 08, 2006


Happy Christmas Season! I hope this new post finds you enjoying the Christmas season and trying not to stress too much. As for me, I am enjoying the time for walks, listening to music, slowly putting up decorations, and just feeling good. Yesterday I had the endo-rectal ultrasound. All went pretty well. The radiation treatments did shrink the tumor enough so the doctor will be able to get clean margins at surgery, so that is good news. I am feeling really well and will be able to enjoy my Christmas dinner before I have to fast for the surgery on the 27th. Here is a poem that was sent to me in a book that I thought was true.
What Cancer Cannot do
Cancer is so limited-
It cannot cripple love,
It cannot shatter hope,
It cannnot corrode faith,
It cannot destroy peace,
It cannot kill friendship,
It cannot suppress memories,
It cannot silence courage,
It cannot invade the soul,
It cannot steal eternal life,
It cannot conquer the Spirit.
I have found that not only is the above listed true, but
It can make you closer to God,
It can make you stop and appreciate each day,
It can bring families closer together,
It can make love grow,
It can friendships into your lives,
And it can save other lives by reaching out to others.
God bless you all and have a wonderful, happy, healthy, and loving Christmas season
Psalm 9:10
And those who know Thy name will put their trust in thee: For Thou, O Lord, hast not forsaken those who seek Thee.

No comments: