Tuesday, November 10, 2009


Hi Blogger Buddies. Today was a pretty stressful day. The Blue Cross denied the appeal for the clinical trial. So I'm back to square one except the little cancer cells are still growing and they are not back to square one. I will meet with my Dr next Wednesday in the morning to go over other options. Hopefully he has something else to offer me. Sounds strange to be wishing there was more poison to shoot up me but I hate the wait knowing that the cancer is growing while I'm waiting for insurance or appointment. My daughter Brigitte sent me the perfect verse today. Proverbs 16:9 "In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." This is why I am doing as well as I am. I have such strong support, prayers and encouragement from my family and friends. So I will wait until next week and try again not to worry about what God has planned for me. This morning was rough, not only did I get the denial but my father was taken to the hospital for a heart attack. I went see him in the emergency as soon as I heard. As it turned out he just missed having a heart attack. He was eating breakfast in the dining hall where he lives and his defibrillator went off in his chest. Not once but five times. His heart was about to go into arrest when the defibrillator did what it's supposed to do. Amazing how it stopped the heart attack. He stayed in the hospital for a few hours then was sent home. On the way home he wanted to stop first at Walmart then go out for Chinese lunch. That guy doesn't stop!!! I asked him if I could have one of his 9 lives! The pic is of Brigitte at a family photo shoot we had two weeks ago. The shirt she is wearing is very special to me because it was my favorite one when I was about 20 years old. Yes, before I was married and I kept it all this time. It fit her perfectly and I couldn't even get it over my body!! Thank you again for all your prayers, support and wonderful cards. It is truly appreciated. As Brigitte reminded me today "The Lord will determine my steps".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jill- you are truely amazing and such an inspiration to all of us. You have handled this disease with such dignity. Through out your journey, I have been in awe of your faith, grace and determination.

You are in my prayers nightly. I agree with you that God has a plan for all of us. I just wish his plan for you didn't include such a challenging path.

Love - Debi