Sunday, January 17, 2010













Hi Blogger buddies and happy January! The pics are showing what Kyle, Brig and Kiwi enjoy doing in their spare time. Doesn't look look like college life to me!!! It just started to rain and it's expected to last for the entire week, so I guess it's a good week to start my next chemo. Yes, I am doing chemo on Tuesday again. However, I will have a 20% reduction of the drugs and hopefully I'll do fine. This past week I went to a new doctor who practices homeopathic medicine as well as being an MD. She was great and I feel much better prepared for Tuesday. I'm now taking a probiotic powder to help with balancing my colon. She said the colon is like the ecosystem of the body and mine is out of balance from all the chemicals. The bad bacterial is more abundant than the good bacteria so this will help balance it out. I had been eating yogurt but it wasn't enough. I've only had three days of the powder and I already feel better. I'm also taking some support pills that she recommended to help with keeping my organs strong, and finally she gave me some strawberry tea and ginger honey tonic to help with the nausea that I have been experiencing. Homeopathic doctors look at the entire body, not just one part. So I feel very confident with her and will continue to see her as well as my current oncologist. Thursday I went for a wonderful relaxing body massage and Saturday I had "Healing Touch" done on me. It's similar to Reiki only American. It's used to help you help yourself through mind visualization, energy transfer and relation of the mind. This wonderful lady named Susanne helped me to visualize a positive, peaceful feeling and rid my mind of the memory of nausea that I have had the past few weeks. It really helped and I feel strong and ready to begin a new. It's strange how just the thought of the chemo drip made me start gagging weeks after the last drip. I was worried I'd be getting sick just walking into the office, but now I feel much better, more prepared and better equipped to handle the drugs. I'm also back to walking my 3.5 miles a day without any cramping what so ever. Looking back I feel it was a good experience (not one I want to repeat though) with a lot of learning in it. I now understand how it feels when someone just doesn't want to eat or drink. There was nothing I could think of that would entice me to take a bite of any food. That was such a strange experience for me because I LOVE food and all sorts of different ones. So even thought it was hard on me and on my family, I did learn from it and know I have gained empathy for those who have or are experiencing the same feeling. Through all this God has was present at every moment. I never felt alone and at times I felt His healing hands on my cramping belling in the hospital. I was also blessed to have all my family around me, and the pain meds and anti cramping drugs didn't hurt either. Thank you to everyone who has continued to pray for me, support me and send me gifts and cards. Your love and kindness really helps to lift me up and keep me strong and positive. This week when praying, please pray for all the people who are suffering in Haiti. God is really busy there and needed by so many. God bless you all my dear friends and family. Psalm 61:7-8 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, pour out your hearts to him for God is our refuge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill!

I have been reading your blogs and you are so inspiring. I pray for you and think of you always. I know that you have so many friends and family, but should you ever need anything, I would love to be there for you. Love Jaylene (Jay)