Tuesday, September 14, 2010


Dear friends,
Jill is still with us sleeping peacefully. I was up most of the night praying for Casey and the kids and texting with family up at the hospital. She is still sleeping this morning, with labored breathing. This picture was from about 2 weeks ago, before she had the Gtube and other life supporting tubes. Yesterday they removed the tubes.

Jill is always so beautiful, inside and out. She reflects God's love in all she does. I think so many people are fooled that she was sick, because she has always looked so healthy. In the room they are playing Jill's Ipod where she has her favorite worship music. I know there are a lot of songs, but Jill said this is her favorite. This is a song I referred to in another blog. "Imagine" by Mercy ME. look it up on Itunes.

Here are the verses.

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in honour of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
When I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

I can only imagine

Jill is forever in my heart... You are walking that final path these last days, hours, minutes. You are in HIs Hands just like you said.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this song and listen to it quite often. Now when I hear it, I will ALWAYS think of Jill and her inspiration to so many. She is amazing. I continue to ask God to keep her in his loving hands...

Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Annette Maduell

Anonymous said...

Jill...want you to know that I have a call in to the Cancer Society to get back on the Relay for Life committee this year. I will continue to work for your dream of a cancer free world!! Here's to purple potties and to flushing away cancer!!! You and your family are in my prayers as well as in my church's prayers. Your witness has meant more to me than you'll ever know. My life was truly blessed when I met you at Foothill! Peace to you Jill...Nancy denBroeder

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers Jill. Thank you so much for been the strong and amazing woman you are.

Laura Hammel

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you and your family. You are a inspiration to all.

Anthony Engelsgaard and Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
I am in Oregon awaiting a grandson, but he is waiting....so we are too.
Was just able to check on how you were doing, and my heart is saddened that we may soon be missing you on this earth, but it is good to know that your pain and discomfort may soon be behind you and all of God's glory will be before you! They say it's what you do in the dash of your life, between the year you were born and the year you are born into Heaven, that matters the most. You have fully lived in your dash, "Well, well done faithful servant!" will ring out from our Father when you arrive Home! My prayers continue for you and your family.
Love,
Diane Shore

Unknown said...

You are loved, Jill, by so many! I'm so glad we had the opportunity to have dinner with your family in July. I pray God's peace will surround you and your family, peace that surpasses all understanding! You will be in our Father's presence before us, most likely. I'm envious of that! Please tell my dad hi as he just left this world in July after suffering from melanoma. We are expectant of the day we all will live in heaven, in glory, with no more disease, hurt or tears. You have fought the good fight! And you have trained warriors who will be left here to continue the good work you started! We will take up your banner, Jill! You are dearly loved!
Love, Emily

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and our prayers are with you and with your family as you all share your last goodbyes to a wonderful wife, mother, sister, aunt. niece, daughter and friend. I am not really ready for this But I understand that God picks the time he brings his faithful home and not us. I am so grateful to have known Jill and your whole family. We will always be there to help in whatever way we can. This song is so beautiful and uplifting, just like Jill herself. No one could have worked harder to lengthen the time she had with you and to participate in as many memorable family getogethers as possible. Jill is one of a kind. Love to you all Jim and Elaine

Anonymous said...

Dear Jill,
I am so grateful that i got to know you at bible study this year!! You truly are inspirational and have shown us all how to live life to the fullest while we are on this earth! We love you and are honored to pray for you and your family as you finish this part of life so well. The best is yet to come for you my friend and i look forward to catching up with you again when i see you at the gate!!!!
Dear Family, We love you too and are praying for all of you!!
Denise Croghan